Client implementation project Manager (M/F)
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Client IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT Manager
Within BNP Paribas Luxembourg, Securities Services department, the Client Implementation Project Manager is in charge of ensuring a smooth execution of fund events with all internal and external stakeholders . The type of events under the responsibility of the CIM encompasses – but is not limited to:
Creation of new funds or sub-funds – Migrations In or Out – Mergers – Liquidations…
Involved structures can be under various laws (UCITS,UCI part II, SIF, RAIF, ELTIF) and involve both traditional and alternative/hybrid structures
Description of the job
Being a transversal position within BNPP, this job offers the opportunity to manage projects involving all the services proposed by BP2S such as Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody, Fund Dealing Services, Depositary, Forex desk, Middle Office for listed securities and OTC, Collateral Management, Clearing of Listed Derivatives, Legal Fund, worldwide and external clients. Client facing is a major component of the position.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Be a point of contact for multiple key Clients within BNPP and act as the sponsor of the client internally.
- Build a stable relationship with Clients to support key projects and client events
- Manage end to end business implementation projects (new (sub-) fund, new share class, migration, merger, liquidation,…) for new and existing clients
- Maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with internal partners including Client Services, Custody, Product and Transfer Agency.
- Manage autonomously directly and indirectly a project team of professionals that work within the implementation team (BI ops) and within other work streams.
- Client facing subject matter expert for implementation and off-boarding projects.
- Responsibility for requirements gathering for any new business (including participation in regular client calls and/or workshops)
- Ensure the completion/execution of all project deliverables (Service agreements, client KYC, Operating Memorandums…)
- Co-ordinate and support the relevant Teams who will support the day to day service
- Define with client the Operating Model, in collaboration with the project team, and escalate any significant deviation of the Bank’s Standard Operating Model
- Manage internal and external communications with key stakeholders
- Escalate proactively any potential issue
- Maintain on-boarding plans and project logs until Go/No go meetings and hand over to Relationship Management and Client support teams
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the onboarding process by proposing concrete and pragmatic solutions
Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent, or significant working experience in the Fund Industry.
Skills and competencies
Minimum 5 years experience within a Financial Securities Service provider or within a management company.
An experience in Operational Project management will be considered an additional asset however the level of technical knowledge on the underlying products must is very high.
Deep transversal knowledge in at least one of the following business lines: FA – TA – Custody with ideally exposure to Fund Dealing, Depositary function, Fund Distribution, Middle Office, FX.
Fluent English is mandatory as well as a very good command of French.
- Proactive, ability to work under pressure.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Ability to interact efficiently with Clients and effectively manage client expectations.
- Ability to manage the Clients change agenda with conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of key Investment fund operations workflow in all work streams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with complimentary presentation skills.
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results.
- Strong ability to work discretely.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver in a confidential fashion;
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills
Please note that only the application via BNP Paribas web site will be considered.