Qualifications, professionalism and talent are essential to face the challenges of a market that is constantly evolving. We offer real opportunities for development and mobility so you can realise your ambitions at every stage of your career.
Sales Representative – Luxembourg Retail and Business Banking
The tasks and responsibilities of the Sales Representative are:
- welcoming clients, keeping them informed and carrying out their current account banking transactions;
- identifying the needs of our clients and advising them on their investments;
- preparing credit applications;
- selling the range of products and services offered by BNP Paribas Group;
- ensuring professional administration of clients’ portfolios.
Sales Representatives will have reached at least to High School Graduate; they must be client-focused and have a strong business sense, good relationship skills and the ability to collaborate as well as a detail-oriented and thorough approach.
They must have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and must speak Luxembourgish, French and English.
Back Office Agent at BNP Paribas Securities Services, the securities business of BNP Paribas in Luxembourg
The tasks and responsibilities of the Back Office Agent are:
- Preparing and setting up market/client transfers;
- Monitoring these transfers in order to ensure transactions are properly carried out;
- Centralising all requests received by clients;
- Ensuring all reconciliations between clients and the market are consistent;
- Ensuring production support by resolving any discrepancies observed, creating and modifying fax templates according to the system, analysing client portfolios on the basis of Product requests and responding to any other queries;
- Modifying Funds data base on written requests received from clients or the TA and confirming these modifications to the various teams.
Back Office Agents typically have two or three years of higher education in the areas of finance or accounting and initial experience in the field of custody or fund management.
Organisational and analytical skills, a thorough and detail-oriented approach, good client focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential qualities for a Back Office Agent.
In addition, he or she must have good knowledge of funds and office tools. Fluent French and a good level of English are also required.
Analyst-Developer within the IT Department
Directly integrated within a project team within the IT Studies and Development entity, the beginner Analyst-Developer also benefits from personal support over several months to gain experience in IT environments, application architecture and methodologies.
Their tasks and responsibilities enable them to:
- Participate in the various phases of development and maintenance projects affecting our IT systems;
- Prepare analysis files and develop solutions;
- Carry out tests and prepare for production releases;
- Benefit from a training plan as soon as they take up the position.
The Analyst-Developer’s background:
The Bank’s IT system is built on an open architecture that enables it to take advantage of object-oriented technologies at the same time as using banking packages and on a mainframe environment for its central databases and high-volume processing tasks. Our developers are therefore required to work in two environments. The first is based on the Unix operating system, the WebSphere application server, the Java, XML and SQL languages, the GWT, Spring and SWT frameworks and the Oracle databases. The IBM mainframe environment is based on a Z/OS operating system, a CICS transaction monitor, the Cobol language and the DB2 databases.
Developers must have a Bachelor’s degree as a minimum, in an IT-related area.
- Have a thorough and detail-oriented approach;
- Be able to learn quickly and take initiative;
- Have good analytical abilities;
- Have a sense of responsibility;
- Be results-oriented;
- Have good relationship skills and the ability to collaborate.
Fluent French and good working knowledge of technical English are also required.